Ayo Alex Alao Makes Top Nigerian Bloggers to Watch in 2013 List
Who are Nigeria’s Top Bloggers for 2013? Since 2011, we have compiled a list of Nigeria’s top blogs/bloggers. In the past two years, the Nigerian blog scene has grown in leaps and bounds. Part of our fascination with it is its rapid rise from relative obscurity on the continent to prominence. We are glad the CEO of Jetheights made the top 5… Read on.
In compiling our list, we have continued to use what we consider to be the most important criteria. To rehash, here are the factors we put into consideration.
Popularity – We consider a blog’s popularity based on a host of online traffic ranking software putting ranking, number of daily pageviews and unique visitors in to consideration.
Influence – We gauge a blog’s influence based on how frequently the blog’s content influences trends and opinions in the wider Nigerian populace and how quickly a topic covered by the blog makes its way to mass media. (radio and print)
Brand - In addition to the blog’s popularity and influence, we focus on the blog’s brand. In ranking blogs, we focus on how well the blogs have created brand awareness and stickiness around their content.
Top Nigerian Bloggers 2013
1. Linda Ikeji (Linda Ikeji) - 2012 was the year of Linda Ikeji. With mass appeal stemming from broad coverage of various issues of interest to Nigerians from politics to entertainment, the blogger gained significant mind share surpassing many newspapers and online destinations. Her personal touch continued to drive loyalty and engagement and her loyal following attracted a host of advertisers big and small. Her blogging story also helped advance blogging as a legitimate media influencer in the nation with a slew of press ranging from Forbes Africa to the BBC.
2. Bella Naija (Uche Eze) – Led by Uche Eze, in 2012, the Nigerian blogging pioneer expanded its content features to include news and issues with a broader mass appeal as competition increased from bloggers like Linda Ikeji and as blogging in Nigeria continued to go more mainstream. Its strong brand helped it maintain its loyal base and online advertising cred but continued dominance would require even more emphasis on sustaining the entertainment appetite of online Nigerians.
Ayeni Adekunle of Nigerian Entertainment Today
3. The NetNG (Ayeni Adekunle) – Led by Ayeni Adekunle and well known for its exclusive scoops and breaking news items, the NetNG continued to ride the Nigerian online wave and break the news stories that its offline newspaper counterpart is well known for. The NetNG with its consistency and entertainment industry contacts continues to prove that it is the site of note online for the country’s entertainment news.
4. Y Naija (Chude Jideonwo) - Led by Chude Jideonwo, in 2012, Y Naija, “the high priest of Nigerian culture” became “the Internet Newspaper
Chude Jideonwo of Y Naija
for all things Young and Nigerian” greatly expanding its content, on boarding young Nigerian writers and personalities and expanding its distribution and reach online. A strong complement to its offline version, Y Magazine, Y Naija significantly ascended up the Nigerian online rankings, consolidating on its rapid rise in 2011.
5. (Jetheights Ltd) Ayo Alex Alao - He is the CEO of Jetheights Services Ltd, a UK / Nigeria based company run by a team of Nigerians and nationals of other countries, with offices in both Nigeria and the UK. He currently boasts of a number of top web properties like Newsofafrica.org, Jetheights.com, Technology-Africa.com, Newsnigeriana.com, Mediawall.com.ng, Jobskenyan.com, Southafricancareers.com, Technology-asia.org and over 20 niche sites in Africa and the world.
Jetheights.com is currently one of Nigeria’s best Jobsites having been around since 2010.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
Job search terms:
- list of nigerian bloggers