Banking Officer Jobs at Oando Nigeria Plc
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Job Title: Banking Officer
The Banking Officer is responsible for monitoring the daily banking relationships; i.e. bank statements, charges etc
Also to plan, assess, monitor, and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial resources in a manner consistent with the agreed procedures and objectives of the Company.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Bank Reconciliation: Reconciling all bank accounts to the Treasury Management System and the General Ledger.
Intercompany Reconciliation: Preparation of Treasury Intercompany reconciliation
Bank Activity Monitoring:
- Statement Downloading and retrieving bank statements on a daily basis.
- Filing of all Correspondence between the company and the banks.
- Managing, monitoring, opening to closure of bank accounts.
- Set up all bank mandate documentations and maintain bankrelated records.
- Monitoring and support taxation issues and other statutory payments
- Ensure day to day control of bank accounts to maintain an adequate level of working capital for the group.
- Manage the Bank’s correspondent and relationships.
- Manage debt obligations and lender relationships.
Cash flow Forecast:
- Preparing daily cash report
- Preparing weekly cash flow & liquidity report
- Performing treasury operational functions such as cash management, cash forecasting, interest rate monitoring.
- Raising of Receipts on payments (via AR) made by the Treasury Analyst
- Monitoring and booking of loans and deposits (short and Long term)
- Raising Intercompany debit and credit notes.
- Carrying out reconciliation of Balance Sheet items such as cash, cash equivalents, investments, debt, for management and reporting purposes.
- Prepare the Group consolidated debt schedules for the Group financial statements.
- Preparing of other Treasury related monthly Schedules
- Performing other assigned duties as delegated by the Treasurer/Asst.Trea.
- Preparing internal treasury reporting which includes variance analysis and supporting schedules on affected accounts.
- Oversee banking and financial institution relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 1st degree from a reputable University with bias for social science and accounting and finance courses.
- Professional Certification (ACA, ACCA, CPA) is essential but not compulsory.
- 2 – 3 years work experience within a reputable and structured organization preferably an Oil & Gas multinational.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft excel, financial modelling and power point.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Oil & Gas industry dynamics
- Financial Reporting & Modelling skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Treasury & Cash Forecasting techniques
- Analytical & Research minded skills
- Microsoft office skills
- Creativity & Innovation
- Organization/Administration abilities
- Good Interpersonal Relations
- Team playing skills
- Good Oral & Written Communication
- Good Negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date: October 3, 2011
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!