Brunel Energy Nigeria recruits Principal Pipeline Engineer 2011
• Contributes efficiently to pipeline engineering and design activities related to oil and gas activities for deepwater projects, studies, proposals, estimates and / or work improvement programs. All work must meet the technical requirements and industries standards.
• Seek and analyze design alternatives to resulting in good and reliable design, meet safety standards and as well as constructability of the design.
• Support creation of estimates for project cost and prepares project master schedule, select and determines the applicable engineering / construction standards, and material and equipment specifications.
• Reviews scopes of work, budgets, commitments, schedules and progress. Makes use of progress reporting system. The degree of assistance and supervision depends on scope, phase and progress of project.
• Undertakes sizing calculations for pipelines.
• Develops and maintains pipeline network models.
• Prepares pipe and coating material selection recommendations.
• Prepares hydrostatic test programs.
• Acts as the Lead in screening meetings and communication with other discipline to verify and ensure that pipeline related requirement are well understood and properly taken care of by all concerned.
• Prepares and maintains safety and environmental aspects of the pipeline project
• Prepares maintenances and operation manuals
• Leads the pipeline related aspects of commissioning, start-up and test runs.
• Pipeline mechanical design
• Multiphase modeling & other hydraulic studies
• Wall thickness calculations, materials selection
• Flowline routing, installation considerations
• Analysis of stability, expansion, span, buckling, stress, FEA, etc
• Cathodic protection, coating and insulation requirements studies
• Riser pull-in studies including preparing specifications for riser pull-in equipment.
• Flowline jumper configuration and connection systems studies, stress analysis
• A recognized BS in Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, or equivalent.
• 15 years experience in pipeline engineering with at least 10 years experience directly related to deepwater pipelines.
• Thorough knowledge of deepwater pipeline engineering design and construction methods including practices, procedures, codes, standards, and regulations.
• Demonstrate experience in working at least 2 projects of US$100MM each.
• Good supervisory qualities and experience, including good communication skills, and proactive commitment to HSE.
Opened to Nigerians Only.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!