August 12, 2011
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
Job Title: Marketing Intelligence Leader
Job Code: 1410151
Job Location: Lagos
- Drive development and execution of regional growth playbook (GPB).
- Champion specific growth initiatives to meet region-specific customer requirements, competitive threats and market opportunities by segmenting, targeting and positioning solutions aligned with regional GPB and regional commercial leadership.
- Perform on-going regional market/territory analysis to identify potential markets for products and services.
- Work with the various GE businesses to assess market share, growth and potential cross business opportunities.
- Manage requests by the leadership teams for value proposition developments, segmentation, country assessments, customer profiles, scenario planning, win/loss analysis, leadership visits briefing books, regulatory policy support and strategic launch customers.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making commercial decisions.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources and personal interviews.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports & presentations on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries as well as reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or Economics.
- MBA is advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience working in the strategic marketing and / or consultancy arena.
- Experience in driving cross regional projects of various size, duration and scope, including market assessments, segmentation and voice of customer activities.
- Experience in a P&L structure.
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, develop hypothesis, and concisely communicate findings both verbally and in writing to senior management.
- Experience in manipulating data and analytics using demographic, social and financial data.
- Solid financial and economics acumen required.
- Familiarity with database and/or data manipulation tools in addition to excel and PowerPoint acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum CECOR trained, CAP trained.
- Solid knowledge of GE business units.