GE Nigeria Graduate Trainee Mechanical Engineer Recruitment July 2011
Job Title: Trainee – Mechanical Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1405897
Business: GE Energy
Career Level: Entry-Level
Trainee Mechanical Engineer will initially be an understudy to the Resident Mechanical Engineer. On successful completion of training and further demonstration of acquired Gas Turbine and Process Compressor knowledge and hands on experience, the Trainee Mechanical Engineer will be considered for a future Resident Mechanical Engineer position in Bonny or similar CSA site in the region.
The Trainee Mechanical Engineer will support the Resident Mechanical Engineer in the execution of the Contractual Service Agreement. The Trainee Mechanical Engineer will perform as un understudy to the Resident Mechanical Engineer’s day to day responsibilities for the management of all mechanical covered equipment. He will learn and acquire knowledge and hands on experience for the below responsibilities/skill sets but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the Field Services, Oil & Gas Services, Repair Services and parts center activities to meet Contractor’s obligations under the Agreement.
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities.
- Assist the customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities.
- Forward and discuss Technical Information Letters (TIL’s) to the customer; plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Respond to the customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GE Contractual Services (GECS) and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations.
- Work with the customer’s site teams to develop maintenance schedules, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Maintain a maintenance history for the Covered Units.
- Take the lead in diagnosis and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units with support of customer’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Perform the on-Site inspection of all Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc.
- Provide on the job training of customer’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor is preferred. Also fresh graduates with outstanding academic credentials will be considered
- Prior knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skill is essential… Should be able to work effectively internally and externally
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities. Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
Continuous improvement mind set, Lean outage excellence. Sixsigma Greenbelt certified
and hands on experience.
Method of Application
Click here to apply online
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!