Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment in Lagos, Nigeria 2011
External Job Title Brewing Technician – Ogba
Type of Job Full Time
External Job Description
Job Title: Brewing Technician, Lagos Brewery
Reports To: Shift Brewer
The Brewing Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their processes, plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all Continuous improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Shift Brewer.
Significant impact on raw material, component and utility costs and production, quality, rework and labour costs.
Key role in operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment, impacts directly on plant availability, asset life cycle cost and asset life/replacement frequency.
The Nigerian beer market is complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus. Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery to become Number 1.
Liase with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and MaintenanceTechnicians, Lab Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production.
Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues.
Purpose of Role:
To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/teamdevelopment skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
1. Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
2. Adhere to Guinness Nigeria PLC (GNPLC) policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
3. Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
4. Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
5. Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Minimum of 3 years experience/competence in Operations, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or food manufacturing environment.
· Ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, and or a minimum of OND in a Science related field.
· Demonstrate understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies.
· Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, and problem solving.
· Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
· Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
Barriers to Success in Role:
Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!