Guinness Nigeria Recruits National Sales Distributor Manager – Spirits
External Job Title National Sales Distributor Manager – Spirits
Type of Job Full Time
External Job Description
Job Title: National Sales Distributor Manager – Spirits
Reports To: GM Nigeria Spirits
Diageo Brands Nigeria Limited (DBN) is a recently formed In market company, set up to represent Diageo Spirit interests within Nigeria. A wholly owned subsidiary of Diageo Plc and a sister company to Guinness Nigeria Plc (GN), which is a major player within the liquor market, primarily in the beer and malt beverage industry.
The Nigerian spirits market is polarised between top end premium, imported spirits and mainstream local spirits.
Accountability and Responsibility for:
· National Sales Distributor Overhead budget
· A&P budgets allocated from Marketing to Distributor sales.
· Tactical operating budget
b) Market Complexity
The Nigerian Liquor landscape is complex with major challenges. High import tariffs on spirits and an immature retail market. The development of the route to market will be key to unlocking the potential of the Diageo spirits portfolio.
There is a developed formal On trade channel in the major urban areas whilst opportunities for spirits within the broader TBA business are as yet unrealised.
Cracking this will transform the Nigerian liquor landscape.
c) Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
The role is responsible for the Spirits Distributor relationship and route to market within the Diageo Brands Nigeria business. Leadership and Sales Functional capabilities are expected to be at a level commensurate with the role.
The role will lead, implement and execute marketing strategic plans in field and be accountable for the execution of priority sales drivers. He or she will be primarily responsible for the relationship between Diageo Spirits and our key distributors.
· Key member of the Spirits Leadership team.
· Recruitment, development and management of the Spirits field sales teams.
· Distributor and Customer management.
· Ownership of the Performance outcomes the national Spirits field sales needs to deliver.
· Drive the highest standards of execution excellence.
· Managing 3 Regional Managers, Sales Support manager and a Key accountmanager, responsible for Wholesale/On-Trade and Off-trade.
Purpose of Role
To lead, motivate and develop the Spirits sales structure to deliver the annual operating plan in line with the long term strategy.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Deliver Annual Operating Plan
1. Lead trade & customer strategy to develop customised annual plan to deliver financial and volume targets for priority brands.
2. Develop and activate annual customer account plans (JUBP) to support the delivery of business goals.
Attract, Develop and Retain Great Talent
1. Build sales force functional and leadership capability via agreed training programmes, both classroom and In Field
2. Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of their performance objectives and that processes are in place for development
1. Delivery of NSV, Vol and TP plan targets via AOP
2. Deliver marketing plans via Market share data and Brand health scores
3. Growth of strategic partnerships via JUBP
Qualifications and Experience Required
§ Graduate with 10-15 years commercial expertise gained across Consumer Marketing and / or Customer Management.
§ Experience of managing large, remote teams
§ A highly motivational coach and leader
§ Great People Skills
§ Strong communication skills –written and verbal
§ Ability to negotiate at a senior level with customers and distributors
Barriers to Success in Role
· Work collaboratively across the broader organisation.
· Develop partnerships with key stake holders in the business.
· Translate business goals into specific national or regional territory objectives
Flexible working options
Based in HQ- expected to spend c 25 % time in Field
HOW TO APPLY
Log on to www.diageo.com &
Click on ‘Careers‘
Click on ‘SEARCH & APPLY’, Click on ‘SEARCH OPENINGS‘ go to ‘key word‘ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!