Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Teller – NNPC Abuja
Job ID: 416534
Job Function: Consumer Banking
To handle the counter transactions and assist TSM/BOM running the daily branch operations and service delivery.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
- Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
- Cash transactions
- Fund transfer
- Customer inquiry
- Cheque collection
- Account maintenance
- Balance confirmation
- Customer Complaint handling
- Rate board update
- Cross Selling
- Internal & external reports
- Adherence to till limit of N100k and floor limit of N2m
- Other assigned duties
- Assist TSM/BOM to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
- To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
- Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
- Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
- Understand and follow carefully the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
- Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
“Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
Qualifications & Skills
- B.Sc from any recognised University
- A good knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies.
- Good service skills/etiquette/personal presentation
- Good knowledge of bank cash related policies.
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2014.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click Teller – NNPC Abuja.