The International Business Machine (IBM) is recruiting fresh graduate for it 2013 Graduate Trainee Programme. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an industry-leader, as well as a great place to work. The recognition we receive reinforces our ongoing efforts to make the right decisions on behalf of our employees, our clients and the communities we serve around the world.
IBM is filled with smart people, each of whom are actively involved in helping industries around the world do something better, more efficiently and more productively
Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Job ID: GTS-0610973
Job area: IT & Telecommunications (non consulting)
Through the Graduate Trainee program, we seek to recruit high-potential recent graduates and develop them into Telco IT specialists through a twelve month long on-the-job training. The selected candidates will work in either Network Management, Server administration or Application Support. Each candidate would receive training as specific to their tower, plus everyone will go through training on Service Management and Basics of Telecom IT.
- Working with Competency managers, ensure smooth IT operations for a leading Telco in Africa
- Interacting directly with client team members onsite
- Developing proficiency in one or more areas to become a subject matter expert (SME)
- Preparing data for Management Reporting (and presenting occasionally to local management)
- Undergoing continuous training and development incorporating common soft skills education and specialised classes for IBM
Strengths and Experience
- While exposure in computer science / IT is a pre-requisite
- Highly driven, energetic, flexible and resourceful
- Positive attitude towards learning (systems, processes and people)
- Strong quantitative aptitude and Troubleshooting bent of mind (i.e., Problem Solving ability)
- Structured communication ability
- Strong adherence to policies and processes
Eligibility to work in the country to which you are applying
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge in Troubleshooting
- English: Fluent
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will send you an email with the job information for later review.