The Nigerian Stock Exchange NSE is delighted to reveal the start of the 11th edition of the Annual National Essay Competition for secondary as well as tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The competition’s overall aim is to create a culture of wealth creation among our youth– ‘Catching Them Young’.
This landmark project remains to be assisted by the adhering to crucial objectives
- Expose the young ones to the operations of the stock market
- Develop a culture of medium and long-term investment habit among the youth;
- Expose the students to career choices in the securities market and related professions;
- Fill some gaps between school curriculum and practical approach to investing in the stock market.
The 11th NSE Annual Essay Competition for Students in Secondary and Tertiary institutions in Nigeria 2012
- The Essay competition is open for two categories; students in senior secondary school and tertiary institutions in Nigeria
The NSE Essay Competition Topics:
Secondary Schools: What are the Benefits of Good Corporate Governance?
Tertiary Institutions: Corporate Governance and Nigerian Capital Market Development. Discuss
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- All entries must be accompanied with the competitor’s entry form
- Entries must be typewritten in English and not more than 2,000 words
- Essays must be original and unpublished
- All entries become the property of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and will not be returned.
- The decision of The Nigerian Stock Exchange panel of judges is final
- Entries close November 2, 2012
How to Submit Entry
- All entries must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIZES TO BE WON:
1.) Secondary Schools
1st Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N150,000.00 (One hundred and fifty thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N75,000.00 (Seventy five thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up
2.) Tertiary Institutions
1st Prize: N300,000.00 (Three hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up
3.) Additionally Essay Prize
- All national winners are entitled to a certificate and plaque
- 1st Prize winners’ institutions shall receive a trophy each
- 34 state winners including FCT shall receive consolation prizes
- Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers
- Equivalent cash prizes will be given out in form of shares of quoted companies
Click on the appropriate link below to download the entry from
Have you got a question? send an email to email@example.com
Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers.
We will send you an email with the job information for later review.