Full-Time 2012/2013 University of Calabar Graduate Programme Admission
University of Calabar
Admission into Graduate Programme 2012/2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Graduate programmes in the 2012/2013 academic year leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, MPhil and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of the University of Calabar.
A. General Regulations
Courses may be offered full-time qr part-time, Alt programmes begin with coursework and end with a project for Graduate Diploma, MBA, MPA and MPAS or thesis for Masters and Ph.D degrees. For full-time studies in most programmes, the postgraduate diploma lasts for one calendar year, the Masters degrees last for 2 years and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes extend over a minimum of 3 years. Part-time programmes take a much longer time. Candidates with Masters degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School. Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5point scale and 2.75 on 4-point scale for Masters programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for Ph.D programmes.
Note: Filling of forms Surname first, First name next Middle name last. All PGD programmes are run on full time basis. There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidate must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee. This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr., Miss or Mrs. may be used but not Rev, (Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be M.A, M.Ed., M,Sc.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M., Ph.D., M,PhiI/Ph.D., PGDE, PGDEE, PGDPA, PGDM, PGD, etc.
B. Special Information for M.PhiI/Ph.D Candidates
The M.Phill/Ph.D option is available for all proarammes. candidates may be admitted into the M.Phill/Ph.D programme in exceptional circumstances where the CGPA in the in the masters Degree is lower than the minimum required B (60%) average or 4.00 on a 5 point scale. This should however not fall below 55% average or 3.5 on a 5 point scale. The M.Phil/Ph.D option will also be available to candidates interested in pursuing PhD, programmes in fields different from but rele9antto that in which they obtained their Masters degree. A terminal M.Phil degree will be awarded if the candidate fails to make the minimum required to transit to the PhD programme,
C. Concept Note
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 3 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and a-one-and a-half page maximum for Masters programme. The Concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI RESEARCH SUMMARY on what candidates intend to research on when admitted It has to cover the following;
- Statement of the problem
- Relevance of study to self and society
- Aim(s) of the study
- Literature review
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions to the Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, on or before deadline indicated below.
E. Admission Screening Exercise
All candidates are also expected to take part in the Admission screening exercise which will take place on Saturday, 17 November, 2012 as follows: Part A Written (Use of English.Language and General Knowledge); Part B Oral interview in the respective Departments (based on subject area).
F. Available Graduate Programmes
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, MPhil/Ph.D, and Ph.D. degrees are available in the under-listed Departments. For details of each programme and specific requirements, log on tohttp://www.unicalonline.edu.ng .
1. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics and Extension; Animal Science; Crop Science; Soil Science; Forestry and Wildlife Resources Management.
2. Faculty of Arts
- English and literary studies; History & International Studies; Linguistic and Communication studies; religious and Cultural Studies; Philosophy; Theatre Art and Media Studies; modern Languages and Translation Studies.
3. Faculty of Education
- Adult and Continuing Education; Educational Administration and Planning;Curriculum and Teaching: POD Environmental Education; EducationalFoundations, Guidance and Counselling; Vocational and Special Education;Human Kinetics.
4. Faculty of Law
- LL.M and Ph.D.
5. Faculty of Management Sciences
- Accounting: Banking and Finance; Business Management; Marketing
6. Faculty of Science
- Botany; Genetics and Biotechnology; Geology; Mathematics/Statistics &Computer Science; Microbiology; Physics; Pure and Applied Chemistry;Zoology and Environmental Biology; Fisheries and Aquaculture.
7. Faculty of Social Sciences
- Economics; Geography and Environmental Science; Political Science; Sociology.
8. Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
- Anesthesiology; Public Health; Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Microbiology/Parasitology Unit, Chemical Pathology Unit and Haematology Unit).
9. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Anatomy; Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Physiology
10. Institute of Oceannography
- Fisheries and Aquaculture (PGD only); Coastal Zone management(PGD only)
11. Institute of Public Policy and Administration
- Public Administration (PGD only)
Application Closing Date
Saturday, 3 November, 2012.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are to first log on lo our websitehttp://www.unicalonline.edu.ng to access the prospectus for the complete description of available courses.
Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non refundable form application fee of N10,000 by Cash Chanel at any branch of the underlisted banks nationwide. A printout will be issued at the bank with a Confirmation Order number. Candidates would then enter their Confirmation Order number and their mobile phone numbers on the website to access the form. Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted. YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE. BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission, Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
Process flow of E-Scratch Card for uncial Post Graduate Application
2. Make a payment of N10,000 and obtain the payment slip
3. Go online to www.unicalpg.org
4. Logon with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Post Graduate form
Admission/Available Programmes: 08068400133, 08098957263,08030947617
Issues with online forms: 07056693127,08035191335, 07056693126
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
Job search terms:
- masters degree programme in nigeria in 2013
- admission requirement of phd in university of calaba