Full-Time Google Nigeria Latest Massive Recruitment
Google Nigeria is currently recruiting for their office in Lagos. If you would like to work with Google Nigeria , apply to these vacancies or visit to see more vacancies.
1. Technical Program Manager, GASP
The role: Technical Program Manager, GASP
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with external partners, Google engineers and technical as well as non-technical staff to design and launch infrastructure projects as well as training programs.
- Gather requirements and define the scope of the project. Find resources, manage resource allocation for projects. Develop a plan and schedule, with well-defined milestones.
- Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team (customers, partners, etc); escalate issues as necessary.
- BS/MS in Engineering or related technical field (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Experience managing large-scale technical projects for the complete life cycle, with competing resources and priorities.
- Experience as system or network administrator in a campus or large enterprise environment.
- Experience working in one or more of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria.
- Strong communication skills and a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
2. Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, Nigeria and Ghana
The role: Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, Nigeria and Ghana
As our Manager for Public Policy and Government Relations in Lagos, you will represent Google externally with government, regulators and third parties, as well as help manage our local public policy strategy and campaigns. You will work with a cross-functional team of Google employees in Africa as well as with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team to advance policy positions that benefit our users and an open Internet more generally.
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web. Key issues include technology innovation, free expression, privacy and intellectual property.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment as well as an open Internet.
- Strong academic record with minimum of bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Enthusiastic team player with energy, drive and determination, as well as a genuine interest in the Internet.
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organizational skills.
- Great communicator–in person and in writing.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them, or an ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Self starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment.
Regional Lead of Program Management for Emerging Markets
The role: Regional Lead of Program Management for Emerging Markets
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
As Regional lead of Program Management for Emerging Markets, you’ll lead the regional Ops team during deployment of relevant Google products in your region. You will provide the leadership, decision-making ability and impeccable business judgment to drive multiple complex projects and to lead large teams of vendors/partners. Your responsibilities will include managing strategic Emerging Market efforts such as self-sourcing GPS vehicle tracking devices to create traffic layer on Google Maps. This includes concept definition, implementation, pilot execution, and (if successful) scaling it across the countries in your region. Managing the support operations (i.e., quality assurance, chat support, creation of websites, etc.) content acquisition for all Emerging Market products such as Trader, Confucius, etc. This needs support for multiple editions in several different languages. Feet-On-Street operations for content acquisition, training, and data quality improvements. Product evaluations i.e., managing evaluation of content in products or editions (e.g., Google News, Trader, Confucius). Localization of key Google products in local languages such as Swahili, Amharic, Afrikaans, Zulu, Pidgin, etc. through the Google Translator Community (GTC) program building and maintaining dashboards to track progress of key initiatives. Successful performance in this role requires balancing strategic and operational demands, as well as excellent multi-tasking, problem-solving and communication skills. You will be a key member of the Cross-functional Emerging Markets leadership team of your region and report directly to the head of Program Management for all Emerging Markets.
- Manage large projects from conception, setting up large teams including vendor team sourcing/hiring and manage vendor relationships.
- Work effectively with multiple cross-functional teams (including Product, Marketing, Partnerships, in-country teams)
- Assist with global processes for budget and forecast management, including coordinating project prioritization, regional headcount and performing budget vs. actual analysis.
- Increase effectiveness of staff and tools by recognizing opportunities for development and proactively creating new systems and structures.(eg: developing career ladders).
- BA/BS in a technical field. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- 6 years of relevant professional, successful program management experience.
- MBA and CS degrees.
- Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability/experience to manage complex projects involving team members from multiple disciplines.
- Experience interacting with and influencing all levels and departments within a company.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!