Full-Time IFDC Nigeria Recruits National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria 2012
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- IFDC Nigeria facilitates agricultural projects throughout Nigeria, aiming to contribute to a sustainable increase of farmers’ income by facilitating Public Private Partnerships (PPPs). IFDC is recruiting a qualified National Coordinator for the FRAME project in Nigeria. IFDC will assist Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in the coordination of the input supply channel for the national agro-input program in select, agreed upon states. IFDC will provide technical advice to Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture (and other contracted supply chain management partners) on how to manage the agro input supply channels for other 2013 intervention areas nationwide (i.e. service providers, agro input suppliers, regional distributors and agro-dealers).
One of IFDC’s core competencies is building the capacities of stakeholders working along agro input supply channels to meet market demand. In the case of the FGN program, there is a need for developing stakeholders’ skills to facilitate the program, which IFDC will be able to draw from previous voucher program experience (globally and within Nigeria). The National Coordinator – FRAME will coordinate and facilitate trainings on program participation, roles and responsibilities, and agro input technical knowledge in intervention areas (states and/or value chains) where IFDC is responsible for managing the supply of agro inputs to FGN farmers. S/he will work with contracted supply chain management partners, Federal and State stakeholders to facilitate program planning, including meetings. S/he will work with agro input suppliers to link their distribution partners to agro-dealers and their redemption points at the LGA level. S/he will coordinate additional trainings to linked and unlinked agro-dealers on topics such as product knowledge, quality control, accessing credit, business strategies, etc.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of Nigeria and tropical agriculture with strong planning and organizational skills. The candidate must be flexible and be able to adapt to a fast paced environment with the ability to manage multiple teams; have the ability to coordinate activities and handle complex logistics within the project as well as harmonizing activities with other IFDC projects in Nigeria. The candidate will work closely with leaders in Nigeria’s agricultural sector, private sector agribusinesses, federal and state government agencies, and farmers. This position will be posted in Abuja for a period of 3-5 years.
The National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria will work in partnership with private sector agribusinesses (input producers, suppliers, agro-dealers, and processors) to identify and resolve factors that constrain agricultural productivity (e.g. quality, pricing, timing, logistics, transportation, financing, etc.) in Nigeria.
The National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria is responsible for the elaboration and implementation of the project’s work plans. The National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria maintains relations with national and state government agencies and relevant national and international organizations. The National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria manages the project team and directly supervises the technical support team comprised of national and international experts. The National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria responsibilities further include facilitation of good relations with contractors and donors, visitors and the press.
- Required Skills
Creating and supporting a strong, creative, innovative and productive technical support team that will lead to significant ground-breaking results in the areas of input supply and agricultural value chains. The National Coordinator – FRAME Nigeria (i) oversees the clear distribution of roles and responsibilities and assure timely terms of reference and proper follow up on missions planned; (ii)oversees work planning, monitoring and reporting, including quarterly and annual work plans and budgets, budget and activity tracking, approval of specific expenses, quarterly and annual reports; (iii) identifies and addresses in a timely fashion challenges and opportunities at implementation and staffing levels; (iv) is responsible for staff appraisal and performance monitoring, including the development of individual and collective development and training plans.
Link the project with relevant national and international network of contacts. Specific responsibilities include: (i) liaise with actors in the respective areas of overlap to stimulate greater efficiency of activities; (ii) assure good linkages with national and international counterparts and partners (governmental, non-governmental and private sector); (iii) maintain frequent contacts with the contractor and other donors.
Project finances and administration
Effectively allocate and account for funds in accordance with the contract signed with the contractor. Activities include: (i) work with technical team on budget planning and monitoring and if necessary in budget re-allocation; (ii) assure proper application of all financial and administrative rules (audit proofing); (iii) work with finance and administration staff in timely liquidity planning for the project.
- Required Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to agriculture and/or agricultural economics; advanced degree (Master’s, Doctorate, etc.) desired.
- At least 7-10 years of responsibility in international development, including experience with USAID (and experience working in Africa).
- Project and/or Team Leader experience in managing complex projects (multi-country, multiple partners).
- Proven ability to work with complex budgets, including budgets in various currencies.
- Excellent English language skills both in written and spoken forms.
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to agricultural input supply.
- Knowledge of output markets and value chains.
- Private sector agribusiness experience valuable.
- Good team worker, inspirational supervisor and excellent leader.
- Willing and able to think out of the box when it comes to agricultural and market innovation.
- Mature and responsible person able to representative IFDC at all levels.
- Committed and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, think tanks and universities, and the private sector.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!