Full-Time SSP Datacenter Job in Lagos Nigeria – Microsoft
Date: Aug 13, 2012
Location: Lagos, NG
Location: Lagos, NG
Job ID: 799946-90123
Division: SalesThe Solution Sales Professional (SSP) Datacenter adds value to Microsoft by delivering Microsoft’s Datacenter Solutions (including Hyper-V-Virtualization, System Center server products and Windows Server Premium Skus) to our customers, and driving incremental revenue and market share to Microsoft.
How does the SSP Datacenter role add value?
The SSP Datacenter role adds value by:
1. Developing a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities for Microsoft Solutions with partner attach.
2. Working with the Account Technology Strategist (ATS) during Account Planning and IO Discovery to complete customer profiles relative to Core Infrastructure Optimization, and especially regarding the Datacenter Services Capability.
3. Working with the ATS to identify server management compete gaps within targeted accounts and the ways in which Microsoft can dislodge the competition or augment the share of Microsoft technologies within these accounts. Ensuring the next workload gets virtualized on Hyper-V vs. competitive technology.
4. Researching targeted accounts’ total Datacenter technology spend and driving a strategy that gives Microsoft a significant percentage of that spend.
5. Contributing to solution opportunity generation plans for the Datacenter products that contribute to overall Account Planning efforts with the Sales Account Executive resulting in renew and upsell the Microsoft Datacenter Product suite thru ECI (Enrollment for Core Infrastructure).
6. Ensuring handoffs to and engagements with the appropriate resources (to key roles, such as Account Executives, Account Technical Specialists and Technical Sales Professional, to partners and/or Services) at the appropriate phase of the Microsoft Sales Model, with measures in place to track the total cost-of-sale.
7. Bringing customers to agreement on the IT Infrastructure for a People-Ready Business value proposition of proven Microsoft Management solutions, including datacenter, identity and security and our cloud offerings.
8. Working with account team members, partners and/or Services to close deals by reinforcing the business value of Datacenter solutions and acting as an interface between customers and partners/Services.
9. Contributing to the engagement and readiness of partners who can help the SSP Datacenter role scale capacity.
10. Delivering referenceable and satisfied accounts that can be leveraged in future sales engagements.
11. Own the Datacenter Cloud story to ITDM and BDM incl. of our private, hosted and public (Windows Azure) offerings.
12. Support the Datacenter TSP in setting footprints in each account thru Datacenter Pilot Deployments
How is the SSP Datacenter role unique from other roles?
The SSP Datacenter role is unique in:
a. Its in-depth knowledge of customers’ government and/or industry-related datacenter issues and challenges and their impact on datacenter strategies and processes and on business opportunities.
b. Its focus on articulating the IT Infrastructure for a People-Ready Business value proposition of deploying Microsoft Management solutions to senior level IT staff and CxOs.
c. Its ability to leverage a core set of partners, their solutions and/or deployment expertise into a Management business value solution for specific customers.
d. Its capacity to drive relationship driven sales and in depth knowledge of customers Core Infrastructure plan.
What business results is this role accountable for? What are the key initiatives and challenges facing this role over the next 6 months to 3 years?
The SSP Datacenter role is responsible for delivering solution opportunity revenue through new and/or leveraged investments in Microsoft technologies. This role develops and maintains a healthy and valid System Center Management pipeline that includes initiatives related to compete and process gaps. The challenges facing the SSP Datacenter role over the next 6 months to 3 years are the needs to convince customers that deploying the Microsoft stack across their organizations can add value to their business and help mitigate risks and, shift customer and industry perceptions as they relate to Management and Virtualization of the Microsoft technologies.
In what ways and levels does this role affect Microsoft: department-wide impact, division-wide impact, domestic only, worldwide, etc.?.
The SSP Datacenter role affects Microsoft at the customer account level within a specified geography or territory. This role also contributes to worldwide knowledge sharing and best practices within the SSP community.
What are the key decisions that this role makes? What is the importance of these decisions? On what decisions would this role need to defer to its manager or customer?
The key decisions made by the SSP Datacenter role are centered on the optimal solutions to help meet customers’ pains or opportunities and the best ways to allocate resources within and across opportunities. These decisions impact the probability and success of an opportunity moving to close and rely heavily on customer and partner interactions and input, and manager support.
To what extent is the role responsible for the strategy, design, development, rollout or implementation of programs, products and/or services?
The SSP Datacenter role is responsible for performing Management process and compete gap analyses, contributing to the Account Team’s opportunity generation plans through these analyses and ways to address the gaps, and developing evaluation/engagement plans. These plans contribute to the overall Account Planning process.
This role is also responsible for taking the lead on Account Team Management attach strategies, as well as developing strategies for moving accounts up the Core IO model.
What other internal communication/business relationships does this role have with management, direct reports, peers and positions outside immediate work group? What is the purpose/type of communication: data collection, negotiation, status reports, etc.?
The SSP Datacenter role is dependent on strong and established relationships with Account Team members. This role is also brought to communicate effectively and efficiently with the Account Team and with Specialist Team members (e.g., TSP Datacenter). The SSP Datacenter role also interfaces with the appropriate and relevant BG Leads and Security PSMs (Product Solution Managers). The primary purpose of communication is to relay information and insights into customer accounts through the SSP Datacenter’s knowledge and understanding of the customer’s business drivers.
What type of external communication/business relationships does this position have with vendors, partners, press and etc.?
The external communication and business relationships center primarily around partners and the development of their expertise on Microsoft products and value propositions and their effective delivery to customer accounts.
What key stakeholders (roles, departments, and business functions) does this role rely on to achieve its goals? What key stakeholders does this role impact?
The SSP Datacenter role relies on and impacts Account Team members as well as Specialist team members (e.g., TSP Security). The role also interfaces with Services resource and must stay current on and monitors customer deployments of Management solutions, in an effort to ensure continued annuity revenue.
Experience: 8 – 10 years
Education: MBA / Masters Degree
Training and Certification: ITIL (IT Infrastructure Lifecycle), sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), presentation skills, negotiation skills, financial analysis, Line of Business applications, Infrastructure products and solutions, including storage and networking, business process consulting or automation, CRM (Siebel or other), MCSE
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!