New Felix Scholarships for Indian Students 2011,UK
Up to six Felix Scholarships will be offered at University of Oxford / University of Reading / School of Oriental and African Studies for Indian graduates.
Felix Scholarships will be offered at each of the three institutions above for Indian graduates taking up places in September/October 2011 for:
(i) Taught postgraduate Master’s courses (MSc, MAgrSc, MA, LLM, etc.) = 1 or 2 academic years or
(ii) Master’s degrees by research (MPhil) = 2 academic years or
(iii) Doctoral degrees by research (PhD/DPhil) = 3 academic years
Please note that not all of the above programmes are available at each institution.
1. Felix Scholarships are intended for scholars who would be unable, without financial assistance, to take up their place and who have not studied outside their home country. You should ensure that you apply for the correct course, as applications for an extension of a course or other additional funding will not be considered. Candidates must not, once installed at the relevant university, apply for any scholarship that would interfere with the tenure of the Felix Scholarship.
2. Application for a Felix Scholarship can be made through only one of the three academic institutions. Candidates must already have submitted a formal application for admissionthrough one of the institutions before applying for a Felix Scholarship.
3. Commencing the academic year 2007/08 the Felix Scholarship will permit Felix Master’s alumni who have obtained a Distinction to apply for a PhD/DPhil Felix scholarship. Exactly the same criteria and application process will apply to Felix Master’s alumni as apply to any other candidate applying for a PhD/DPhil scholarship. Only one such scholarship will be granted to each university per year. Candidates should take into account the fact that because the results of Master’s examinations are notified after the commencement of an academic year, there will be a one-year gap between finishing a Master’s course and commencing a PhD/DPhil course.
4. Candidates must apply direct to Oxford/Reading/SOAS for admission to the course they wish to study. Detailed advice on such matters as course application forms, arrangements for fieldwork, etc., will be available on request from any of the three institutions (but about their own courses only). Applications for admission to courses should be submitted as early as possible.
5. The Felix Scholarships will cover full fees, living costs, a return air fare, and provide additional allowances for books, equipment, warm clothing etc. Spouses’ costs will not be met. Candidates must be Indian citizens and not currently be living or studying outside of India andmust have not previously studied for one year or more outside India. Candidates must be under 30 years of age on 31 January 2011. Candidates must have at least a first class Bachelor’s degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Exceptionally those with an upper second-class degree at the Bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first class degree at the Master’s level. Those who already hold degrees from universities outside India are not eligible to apply. Those who have already taken up a scholarship to pursue PhD studies at an Indian university are also not eligible for a Felix Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Reading: 18 February 2011
SOAS: 31 January 2011
Oxford: Candidates applying to the University of Oxford do not need to complete the Felixapplication form but must have applied for their course of study (using the University’sApplication Form for Graduate Study) by the appropriate January
07 January 2011 for Medical Sciences and Philosophy
21 January 2011 for all other subjects
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
Job search terms:
- mphil jobs in nigeria university