Population Services International (PSI) NGO Job: Behavior Change Communications Specialist (Abuja)
RESPONSIBILITIES: duties include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the development, management and implementation of a communication strategy to increase use of health products and practice of healthy behaviors
• Oversee implementation of a communication strategy to effectively influence behavior change at the individual, community and political levels
• Oversee and manage a wide variety of interventions from mass mediaadvertising campaigns to small group and interpersonal communications
• Oversee development and management of a strategy to build the capacity of Nigerian organizations and government counterparts in BCC programming
• Effectively collaborate with all key partners and stakeholders throughout the life of the project
• Oversee the development and harmonization of program messages, IEC materials and related training curriculum
• Develop in coordination with partners a mass media dissemination and monitoringplan
• Supervise a team of project staff and create professional development opportunities
• Minimum 5-8 years experience in two or more large-scale social marketing and BCC programs
• Masters degree in public health or other relevant health or behavior change communications discipline
• Experience with implementing BCC in the context of FP/RH/MCH/Malaria and behavior change interventions at different levels within a developing country
• Demonstrated technical expertise in a relevant mix of designing, managing and evaluating health programs through social marketing, as well as small group and IPC activities that have led to correct and sustained use of methods, services and socially-marketed products
• Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria and/or in a similar African setting
• Excellent organizational, teamwork and multitasking capabilities;
• Fluency in English required; and
• Demonstrated ability to produce results
The successful candidate will also have excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and cross-cultural skills; demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines; able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment; excellent team work skills and a demonstrated capacity to produce results.
Click here to apply online. Please no phone calls or emails.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!