Programme Officer (M&E) Vacancies at USAID Nigeria
USAID Nigeria is funding the project of The Network on Ethics/Human Right, Law, HIV/AIDS Prevention, Support and Care (NELA). A non-governmental organization based in Ibadan, but implementing HIV/AIDS, other health related activities in all the six-geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
NELA plans to implement a project to improve access to quality Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) programming in Adamawa, Bornu; Yobe and Jigawa States of Nigeria and also to increase the adoption of safer sexual behaviour and promote normative change among selected subgroups within general population in Nigeria to reduce new HIV infection. Successful candidates will be required to travel to the listed States as the job demands. The appointment will be for a period of one year in the first instance, but subject to extension of with availability of fund.
Job Position: Programme Officer (M&E)
He / she must have experience working in the community especially with CBOs/NGOs/ FBOs.
Must have good understanding of the HIV/AIDS epidemics in Nigeria and challenges with OVC and prevention programming. Must be able to work as a team member, mentor junior officers and train others. The M&E officers will be responsible for monitoring evaluation and reporting activities, providing guidance to CBOs in the field, prepare monthly M&E reports and support training of M&E personnel both at the States and LGA levels.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop project monitoring plan
- Conduct verification exercise and Data Quality Assessment (DQA).
- Supervision and mentoring of partner’s organization’s M&E offices
- Keep records of all source documents for verification of project accomplishments.
- Tract data and program achievement
- Ensure periodic M&E reports from partners to NELA according to agreed guidance.
- Collects and collates reports from NELA implementing partners.
- Conduct assessment and evaluation of potentials partners and project of the organization
- Coordinates formative evaluation of community assessment to establish a baseline for NELA project
- Develop project baseline, evaluation, result frame work,
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual report on program activities and submit same to the Program Director
- Assist project implementation in collaboration with project Director
- Supervises and monitors implementation partners on the program; providing technical assistance on M&E, ensures target coverage and provision of quality services to program beneficiaries/target group.
Qualification and Experience:
- Masters degree, preferably in demography, statistics, Epidemiology or other related fields.
- Ability to travel and work in different parts of the country.
- Ability to speak Hausa language is an added advantage for applicants.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and other spreedsheets and commonly used software and statistical packages is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS related programs.
- Knowledge of USAID reporting systems and NNRIMS are added advantages for applicants.
23rd March, 2011
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants for the various positions as advertised
Must submit the following:
- A type-written application specifically applying for one of the positions and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference announcement date on the application letter,
- A current resume or curriculum vitae listing all job responsibilities in previous employment.
- Application should be submitted to:firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd March, 2011.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!