Stanbic IBTC Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth.
We now need talented and resourceful individuals for Auditor positions.
Job Title: Auditor
Job ID: 6989
Location Nigeria – Lagos
Position Category: Risk Management
Employment Type Full Time – Permanent
In today’s highly regulated and constantly changing banking environment, internal auditors play a key role in the mitigation of risk to ensure the bank’s ongoing success. They make sure that internal risk controls are adequate, governance processes are effective and efficient, and organizational goals and objectives are met. They provide objective, independent, professional advice to all levels of management and pave the path toward continuous improvement.
Standard Bank has one of the largest audit functions in South Africa. Our Group Internal Audit unit has more than 300 staff in 33 countries, including the UK, Russia and China. Our internal auditors are continually updating their knowledge to remain abreast of business trends and meet international standards
- To ensure that the internal audit function of the Bank provides quality services that comply with internal auditing standards and management expectations.
- To effectively and efficiently carry out planned assignments approved by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Understanding the business processes.
- Assigning audit resources to each audit and ensuring that it is completed within agreed times.
- Upholding the highest possible quality of services through various quality control checks and appropriate allocation of duties. All reports emanating from the department should be checked for correctness.
- Maintaining constant communication with head of Internal Audit and ensuring that his expectations are met.
- Maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with external auditors, regulators and Group Internal Audit and providing them with periodic reports when required.
- Maintaining the use of best practices by researching and adopting new audit techniques where relevant, identifying skills deficiencies and recommending appropriate training programs.
- Monitoring staff performance standards for purposes of motivation, discipline, counseling and rewarding.
- Ensuring that close communication is maintained with Internal Audit team to provide guidance and enhance team spirit.
- The ongoing identification of risks and possible mitigants.
- Carrying out ad hoc assignments as instructed by Head, Internal Audit.
- Timely issuance of final reports on completed audits.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Possession of 2.2 B.Sc first degree and/or a professional qualification such as CIS, CIMA, ACCA, CA ACA, ACIB, or MNIM etc.
- Detailed knowledge of banking systems and procedures, and modern internal auditing practices.
- Minimum of 12 years post qualification with minimum of 8 years banking experience, part of which must have been in the Internal Audit department.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Analytical, conceptual and negotiating skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.
How To Apply
Click here to apply online