TechnoServe Hot Nigeria Job Vacancies 2011 (3 positions)
TechnoServe is an international nonprofit development organization founded in 1968 to help entrepreneurial men and women in poor areas of the developing world to build businesses that create jobs, income and economic opportunity for their families, their communities and their countries.
1.) Program Managers (Senoir & Junior)
- 5-10 years of proven private sector strategy and management experience, including in several of the following areas – business development, consulting, training, financial analysis, marketing, business and funding proposal writing. B.S. or BA degree in business administration, economics, marketing or related discipline, MBA preferred
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Excellent client management skills.
- Nigerian country experience and networks
- Proven ability to motivate and encourage teams.
- Proven program management skills including ability to develop team charters, workplans, and targets and manage against them
- Agribusiness experience preferred
- Refine and implement TechnoServe’s strategy for creating jobs and income in Nigeria
- Develop, lead and manage programs, including building client business portfolio, ensuring quality control and cost-effectiveness and developing and managing knowledge
- Manage and motivate expert consultants, employees and volunteers. Develop and manage program budgets
- Represent TechnoServe on relevant advisory bodies
- Provide hands-on support to TechnoServe clients in order to grow their businesses and maximize impact on the poor
- Identify and secure additional donor funding for TechnoServe programs
2.) Crop/Value Chain Experts
- At least 1 0 years experience in agribusiness ideally in one of the following crops: aquaculture, cassava, rice, sorghum, cowpea, maize sesame
- At least 5 years experience in the private sector
- B.Sc. in agriculture, Master’s degree preferred. Strong field-based experience working with agricultural producers or processors in Nigeria
- Proven track record of recommending technical solutions to private agriculture clients
- Reach out to local stakeholders (farmers, producer associations, large corporations, government ministries, parastatals, regulatory bodies, etc.)
- Identify existing crop/value chain analyses and recommendations
- Identify agricultural best practices and analyze issues faced by agro-processors in Nigeria
- Deliver actionable recommendations for sustainable expansion of local agricultural production and agro-processing
3.) Business Advisors (Senior & Junior)
- 3-7 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- management consulting
- operating own enterprise
- working in sales, marketing, finance or operations in a large company
- working in a financial institution
- B.S. or B.A degree in business administration, economics, marketing or related discipline. Excellent client management skills.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and construct business plans and financial statements
- Proven experience managing teams and using work plans to structure own and team members’ work.
- Ability to develop industry development strategy and recommend key interventions
- Deep technical knowledge in agribusiness and/or agro-processing
- Manage the design and implementation of TechnoServe’s assistance to entrepreneurs across one or more sectors
- Provide hands-on support to TechnoServe clients (including farmers’ groups, cooperatives and processors) in order to grow their businesses and maximize impact on the poor.
- Manage a small team of short-term experts or volunteer consultants, as needed
- Collect and analyze key impact data on a quarterly basis
4th April, 2011
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV, Salary history and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!