UNESCO Recruits National Programme Officer / Education (3 positions)
The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is recruiting personnel for the following position in Abuja.
Job Title: National Programme Officer/ Education (3 positions)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post level: NOA
Duration: One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and Supervision of the Programme Specialist in Education, the National Programme Officer/Education for the Revitalizing Adult and Youth literacy Programme in Nigeria,
- Effectively participate in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Revilalizlf1g Adult and Youth Literacy Programme in Nigeria 2011-2014, including field missions,
- Prepare quality work plans, mission plans. progress and final reports, briefs and presentations required for the successful and timely implementation or the programme,
- Ensure effective coordination of programme activities through regular consultation and collaboration With relevant stakeholders and partners.Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Effectively and timely organize programme-related workshops, seminars, field missions, study tours as per given deadlines and will’ strict adherence to UNESCO rules, procedures, and norms.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the UNESCO Abuja Office and support the Education Unit with routine communication and consultation with relevant officials at federal and state levels.
- Keep abreast with national development programmes and trends with a view to identifying. organizing and analyzing relevant information to underpin the implementation and monitoring of [he Revitalizing Adult and Youth Literacy Programme in Nigeria.
- Perform any other duty deemed necessary by the Director of the Office
Minimum Qualifications Required:
The ideal candidates should posses
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in education.
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in the fled of education at national level Experience in and familiarity with the work of tile United Nations, multilateral or bilateral organizations will be an asset
- Ability to think and plan strategically and to work effectively with teams,
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written), A brief written test may be used in the evaluation of candidates.
31st, August, 2011
Method of application
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae with copy of degrees. Application should be addressed in a sealed envelope to the Director and Representative UNESCO Abuja and clearly marked” NPO/EDUCATION LITERACY PROJECT”, and mailed to:
Plot 617/618, Diplomatic Zone
Central Area District, Garki
Tel: +234 (9) 4616531
Fax: +234 (9) 4618510
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!