UNICEF Jobs in Nigeria June 13 2011: Executive Assistant Vacancy
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of experienced Executive Assistant, that will under the general supervision of the Chief, Field Office (CFO), organize and provide administrative support to the D-Field Office, Bauchi.
Post Title: Executive Assistant, GS 5
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-06-2011
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Deadline for application: 21 June 2011
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
1. Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and references. Select information and record in specified format on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
2. Organize both internal and external meetings between the Head of the Bauchi Office and high-ranking government partners, and provide secretarial support to such meetings when necessary. Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
3. Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow up system with all sections within the office.
4. Keep the Chief of the Field Office informed about all recent developments in the Field Office and other Field Offices by bringing all relevant correspondence, other information and publications, promptly to his/her notice.
5. Prepare reports, minutes of meetings and draft correspondence from oral information ensuring that spelling, punctuation, style, presentation and protocol are correct. Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are confidential.
6. Operate computerized equipment and systems for data entry, text processing and standard communications e.g. fax, telex, radio, cc: mail, internet, etc.
7. Ensure proper record-keeping by filing all necessary documents.
8. Co-ordinate administrative & secretarial services of the CFO in terms of distributing certain specialized project-oriented assignments emerging from the office of the Chief of Field Office.
9. Reply to routine correspondence and provide background materials for correspondence when required, and also place orders for materials from NYHQ e.g. bulletins, periodicals, journals, etc.
10. Coordinate visits, arrange appointments and maintains CFO’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion.
11. Perform all other duties as requested by the CFO from time to time.
Minimum qualification & competencies:
• Completion of secondary education; proven shorthand and typing ability; through knowledge of modern office procedures; ability to operate word-processing equipment may be required. Knowledge of protocol.
• Five years progressive experience in administrative work which should have provided good knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
• Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of one or other UN working languages, an asset. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is desirable.
• Computer literacy with database management, knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing required.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organising skills.
• Good knowledge of administrative rules & regulations.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment is desirable.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
Tuesday, 21 June 2011
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your application in a sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ quoting the vacancy number addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
UNICEF, UN House,
Plot 617/618, Central Area District,
P.M.B 2851, Garki Abuja
by close of business on Tuesday, 21 June 2011.
Your application should include a completed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from here); your curriculum vitae with your current detailed contact information to include a telephone number & email address and a one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description above.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!