United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees UNHCR Nigeria Job Vacancies
We require suitable qualified candidates to fill the position below
Position: Senior Finance Assistant
Position Number: 10016638
Location: UNHCR Branch Office, Abuja
Section: Administration and Finance
Date of Entry on Duty: 01 November 2011
Category and Level: General Services, G15
Closing Date: on 30th September 2011
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Administration and Programme Associate, the incumbent of the post will perform the below listed tasks in accordance with the principles and human values of the United Nations and in adhesion with the Code of conduct of the UNHCR:
1. Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files
2. Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews:
3. Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims:
4. Attends meetings on day-to-day admin, matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to Hqs and takes care of stationary order
5. Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
6. Assist in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts
7. Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
8. Assists in preparing admin, budget submission for entire year maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Skills: Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management.
Previous job experience and job experience relevant to the function: 5 years.
A very Good knowledge of English and local language required.
Desirable Skills and Competencies:
UNHCR Learning Programmes/Other training/ additional languages. MSRP, GroupWise and FOCUS literacy. Computer experience and knowledge of UNHCRmanual and Operations Management Handbook for UNHCR partners.
How to Apply:
If you wish to be considered for the position, please send your application by email to: email@example.com or by post to the below address, before the closing date and under confidential cover clearly indicating the vacancy announcement number and title: UNHCR 005 – Senior Finance Assistant.
UNHCR Representation in Abuja PNB 2851 Garki – Abuja, Nigeria
Handwritten and dated application letter with your complete address, telephone and email address
Last updated CV and UN Personal notice (P11, can be obtained online)
Photocopies of relevant diplomas and certificates of services;
Interested UN staff members must also submit copies of their two last Performances Appraisal Reports;
Please do not send originals documents as only short listed applicants will be contacted. This vacancy is open to Nigerian male and female candidates. Applications from qualified women candidates are highly encouraged. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. UNHCR is a non smoking environment.
Disclaimer: At Jetheights.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jetheights advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!